R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 11:26 AM
scary_jerry
Tech Addict

Default Transmission...

Originally Posted by Philly basher

hey were you able to try this out, I’m looking for more gearing options for my gt2 as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Since this is a 'semi-priceless' museum peace it's okay to display with gears my son stripped!! 😎

Say 'thanks to Mika and Jeff' Only about a half dozen peeps will even know what this BEAST is. (and 👍for Leon) 😎

Real brakes!! Need ony 1 setup.

The 'BlackHawk Inferno Transmission' used Evolva spur gears. The '2 shoe' design won't accept the '40 tooth'.....'fast' spur because of the required diameter for the '2 shoe clutch'. The transmission shafts were 'custom made' and the assembly had to be 'McGyvered' a bit to place front bearing carrier because of about a 2mm increase in overall length. It was usually solved by drilling chassis to put screws into 'meaty' center of front bearing carrier...between original outer mount holes.
(picture of transmission is 'as cannibalized' and not 'pretty version' at time of photo)

I was never able to get one of the 'limited batch' of 'special shafts' from the 'clandestine labs'.....until my son bought one of the original prototypes. When he gave up 'on road' I snarfed the car.....KNOWING WHAT THAT TRANSMISSION WAS !!!!

The picture of the brake mod is what allowed micro adjustments to greatly improve performance/fight brake fade and improve cooling for the 45min/hour mains. The brake bolt holes were redrilled to let 30mm smooth shank bolts....cut to 24mm 'float'. 'Ballpoint pen springs' (prior to other GT manufacturers making them an 'item' allow proper freedom of assembly and thus 'adjustability.