R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - REDS Engines (Mario Rossi)
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 06:29 PM
xlrsd
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Piva

your asking a very political question. You will get people who love reds and some that will say they suck. I personally am on the negative side of that answer as I’ve had terrible luck tuning picco based engines and I’ve had a few. I’ve read a lot of people say tuning these days are much better but I still see people say they are among the more difficult to tune and I believe that and would steer clear of an engine that takes a very expert tuning finger. You sound like your still getting the ropes of things and a lot of people will agree when I say get an O.S. Especially if you can afford it, they tune very very easy and usually don’t require a ton of tuning and they have incredible track records (especially if they have a dlc coated crank) and they have a lot of very high quality drivers. I don’t want to talk about what happened at the worlds with reds and os but let’s just say there top driver put a reds head on an o.s. Engine and that driver was having trouble with the reds and wasn’t willing to risk another worlds flame out so he used the very very solid performing o.s. And he almost won with it and had one of the best engines on track.
to be honest, brotha, that’s what I have heard the most, negatively speaking about Reds, was the difficulty in tuning. So thank you, it sounds like this is across the board opinion wise. You may have swayed me back to an O.S. So let me ask, which OS would you believe is the absolute best for a buggy? I’ve heard the Speed V2, but I don’t know if that’s still the case. Any suggestions on what is considered the “best, fastest” engine for a buggy?