R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Converting MR-03 EVO to 102mm lm, help pls.
Old 04-12-2019, 10:46 AM
orcadigital
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

On RCP Track, I have run the Kyosho LM high grip tires with great success. This is with everything from a PN70T to a Kyosho XSpeed motor. The tires are very round and take some time to wear in but I have had no issues getting the power to the ground. As far as wheels, it will depend on what body you are running. The Mazda runs one size, while the C9 and Porsche's run another. Kyosho America was stocking options for both at last check, but you have to search by part number. Both are currently showing unavailable. MZH301KR is the nicer Porsche set and MZH302RE is the Mazda set. The new C9 white body set does come with wheels as well as high and low downforce wings.

The other option, is that you can run standard wheels. You have to be careful on clearances, and possibly do some grinding of the body to make sure everything clears correctly. My EVO is currently setup as a 102LM with a C9 body, but I am using a standard diff, the V4LCG 98-
102 pod with +3 offset rear wheels with +2 offset fronts from GL