R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Stampede 2WD XL5 upgrade options for 8 year old daughter.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:41 PM
Destructionist
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Matty A
That servo sounds a bit better. A way to beef it up would be to increase the voltage from 6v to 7.2 if the ESC allows it. That does potentially bring other issues as previously mentioned but they can be fixed with either a cap or external BEC.
If only running 2s on the pede you could probably go even higher on the kv. The 4wd version come with 3500 but 3s so yours should handle say 4300kv with 2s. A guy at the track runs a light weight Tekno eb48.4 with a 4300kv motor 2s lipo and that thing rockets. The vid shows you have nice open areas so a little more power sounds good!
I'll slowly ease her into the speed, she really likes going fast and always lets me know if she was driving in full throttle, all proud that she kept it in control haha. It is cute, I do have the d-box in there but she is definitely getting better. That video is with the servo broken off all 4 screws, its just sitting there lol. That stampede comes with a bigger pinion, I tried to fit it in there but I could't make it mesh, the mount doesn't let the motor move like mine does unless I have to remove that plastic ring, and it is there for newbs not to screw up the factory mesh. That will make it go fast with a 4000kv brushless! I just worry about heat on grass. Good thing its a cheap motor to learn on