R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Converting MR-03 EVO to 102mm lm, help pls.
Old 03-29-2019, 08:12 PM
MTseo
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by acidreign
Hi, Im new to mini-z modifications, I have just been using the stock cars for a few months. I really enjoy driving the 102mm / lm stock car I have and want to build out a higher performing car now that I am driving a little better. I have ordered the following:
  1. MR-03 EVO W/MM 12000kv
  2. Kyosho Mini-Z EVO Receiver Unit KT18 EX6 EX6R
  3. R246-1222 R246 Roll Damper / Oil Shock for MM 98mm / LM 102mm
  4. PN Mini-Z LM Light Weight 64P Ceramic Ball Diff Set
  5. PN Racing Mini-Z MR02/03 93-102mm Multi Motor Mount
  6. MR2395DB PN Racing Mini-Z LM Differential Carrier for Multi Mount
  7. Atomic Mini-Z MR-03 LM Fiber Glass T-Plate Set - 5.5mm/6.5mm/7.5mm
I can't seem to find the LM wheel set anywhere, seems to be discontinued. I also cant find the pn racing 5500kv brushless motor, which seems like it will be back in stock at some point soon.

Anyone have any advice on setting this up? Can i just solder the pn motor to the existing EVO board, once i find one in stock? Will this R246 damper and shock install okay?

Any advice on any other parts I may need to complete the build?
Good looking setup. The pn motor has been hard to come by. Hopefully they will have some stock soon, I need one for an upcoming race too. The motors come without wires, but the evo boards come with tons of extra wire on them so you can solder directly to the motor.
LM wheels Here is a set of aluminum ones. Looks like they have a silver set of 2.5 offset in stock also. I did a search for 17mm to find them.
Other than wheels the only other thing I don't see listed that you will need to run are tires.
Looks like a fun build.