R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB8
Thread: Xray XB8
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2019, 03:47 PM
TheWorstDriver
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ricardo_d99

let us know how it goes. Btw check your pms

Ran it for about quart, was really liking it, got a little too bold off a jump with a really bad lip, landed front down cartwheel style and broke a front arm, (50 deg OSA). Slapped a new arm back on, got back out, but it started raining. So, test not concluded, but 6K 6K 3K felt good in the diffs, consistency was up, less guessing. Felt better out of the corners, now possibly too hooked up mid corner, I will run again before making any further changes. I did also setup a little negative "CURV/EXP" for the steering in my radio (Sanwa M17), that felt better too. I've pre-built a Center Diff @ 5K, and front diff @ 7K, to quickly swap out a couple combos next session, will post back. Not sure on raising the roll center just yet, need another run. The track conditions might change next outing with some moister coming up from the track after a rain, so we will see. I never did put the +2 wheel hubs on the back, think that might lock the back in too much to be fast in the corners.

About the arm... If the arm didn't break during that wreck, I would have had other damage, probably bent pins. Now that I can see inside the plastic of the arms that come with the kit, its obvious they have a lot of glass in them. So yes, brittle is the word, and colder temps definitely not helping. Anyone know when or where to get the softer front arms? I'd like to hold onto these XH ones for the heat of summer.