R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 09:57 AM
phatboislim
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

with all the issues i'm having with ball diff in the f1 i dont know why i tried it out in my 17.5 12th...but wow. i still consider myself a newb as a driver. but when i switched from diff to spool in 17.5 i appreciated the car helping w/ rotation, but lately it seems like i can get steering i would like. i know it's part of my driving style and entrance into turns as well, which i'm still working to fine tune.

aside from that, exact same setup and just swapped spool for the diff and the car was consistently .1 sec slower, but i turned a .2 sec faster fast lap. going to try some other things out, but i did appreciate how smooth the car was w/ just that one change. i also didnt hear the car diff out.

i guess i said that to say, i'm not sure now i even have a reason to try spool in mod 12th but just to see the difference for myself, because i dont see how it would actually benefit me in a race to run a spool. i'll keep the spool for whenever i go to a big race and the traction gets up to where the diff actually diffs out like it does in my F1