R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB8
Thread: Xray XB8
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 11:01 PM
TheWorstDriver
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jmackani

this might sound crazy. Just lower the rear camer camber link on the tower. Also change your rear camber to 1 degree. If that does not help I would look at your engine. That is a lot of motor for a buggy. To calm that down you may need to raise your center diff fluid.

I will drop the rear camber link down as stated. The motor is already restricted down to 6mm, and has the pipe to smooth it out. The stock Xray clutch engages early and very smooth, but gets full lock right before the power band. This motor combo does create huge power, but only hits once you are already moving, as the RED's X-one 2104 really smooths it out. Its so close, I think the rear roll center change should be right on.

I've made these changes to test next outing:

Diffs from 6-7-3 to 6-6-3.

Rear roll center moved up (camber link down)

Front lower arm kick up moved down by .5 deg. (This is a minor change)

I will consider a +2 rear wheel hub increase, but not sure that will be needed with other changes. This is my race car so it will be rare that I run on anything other than new tires, I should be able to use that power. I don't want it so locked down in the back end that it doesn't rotate freely in the corners, its just taking the edge off the exit that will make it literally perfect. I don't want people to think this car isn't working properly, it is, in fact I've never been so excited to race a buggy, its that good. This 2019 Xray in PBS, or C-hub, is truly a brilliant piece of work right out of the box. I mean a sway bar, aluminum steering servo arm, and some +2 wheel hubs,... thats it, nothing else needed. The locals up here have no idea what I'm about to do to this track on race day! lol!