R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB8
Thread: Xray XB8
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 12:34 PM
TheWorstDriver
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ricardo_d99

if you wanna get the rear to hook up more try running a higher roll center in the rear ( lower hole on the shock tower ) also maybe go back to the starsdard hex that usually helps with grip. Can we see what setup sheet you’re running for it ?
OK will try those changes.
Funny though, I noticed the opposite when I added the +1 hubs to the rear, I actually picked up traction in the rear. I will undo that change and see what happens.

Here is the first Test setup for the C-hub. Its mostly stock on the shocks and diffs, really fast in the racing line. When I would get tight in a corner (to pass), I just couldn't get throttle fast enough to maintain said pass. I assume my inside front and rear tires sat in loam off racing line, so going on throttle was probably cutting that rear inside tire loose to spin. That inside pass scenario would cause me to lift off the gas as the rear continued to step out. Unfortunately, on this track, most of those passing opportunities will be on the inside line, so I will need to resolve this quick. Would dropping the center diff down to 6K send a bit more power to the front, giving me a bit less rear drive, or a bit more front drive out of the corner? Everything else is so close to perfect I don't want to make that change unless its really needed.

Do you think dropping that front kickup down will help like it did on the PBS Buggy?
Will running a lighter lexan wing that provides more down force at lower speeds help?
Could rear toe-in need a slight change to help on this little issue?

Last edited by TheWorstDriver; 03-24-2019 at 12:47 PM.