R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Build Complete: HPI Nitro RS4 Mini
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 04:39 PM
Mr P!nk
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Another mini fan! Love your car, the exhaust is fantastic. Glad to see a super clean mini still being used. I've had mine for longer than I can remember and I'm getting ready to tear it down and freshen it up. It desperately needs a new body, wheels, and tires. Plus I pulled all the electronics out of it for another project.

I also was running an ABC hobby body on mine and didn't want to have a giant exhaust sticking out of it. I opted for something similar to your exhaust (not anywhere near as neat as yours though).

I just started with an extra long exhaust deflector and found a piece of chrome plumbing pipe that fit inside of it for an exhaust tip.

I've been searching high and low for the optional belt tensioner but I can't seem to find one. I do agree with you though, the two speed is way overkill on this chassis.

I'm sure you probably already know this, but HPI did make an option chassis for the nitro mini, which came with countersunk holes. They pop up on eBay once in a while. Mines used so I don't feel bad running it.

I believe we both opted for the same engine as well.

Happy building, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.