R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Sedan rubber tire wear issues—help a noob.
Old 03-19-2019, 07:30 AM
Razathorn
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So, to follow up. I tried turning down dual rates—no good. The car definitely needs near full throw for our field of 180s. I set my camber back to -2, then -2.5, back to -2, and it was obviously steering city. I rode on two wheels through our full speed sweeper a few times during the first half of the 3rd qualifier and my car was just super tippy. I was competitive in the main, coming seconds behind 1st, but the car was a real hand-full. Tire wear looked much better though. Took some advice and glued way further up the sidewalls and about half way up the bend toward the contact patch and went back for another day of practice with my son and had a chance to run the car between rounds of teaching him how to drive. WOW is all I can say. The CA glue further up the sidewall made the car insanely good. No push, nothing, smooth responsive non jerky turn in. I'll have to report back over time but my theory is the tire's edge was being abused with our super sticky track and not enough sidewall glue. I'll report back after some time, but I'm really thinking that I just needed to stick with -2 camber and some higher sidewall gluing.