R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo YZ-2
Thread: Yokomo YZ-2
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 12:44 PM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mononga
I am using a YZ2 Cal2 for a few months and I seem to have this problem in the turns that it feels and sounds like its diffing out. I race on Turf only. At first I used 2 gears in the diff with 7k. I changed it to use all 4 gears and up the diff to 10k. Tried with roll bar and no roll bar. I put stiffer springs up front and softer in the rear. I have adjusted the roll center as well. Still has not helped with the feeling in corners on power. Someone at the track mentioned to really go up on the diff fluid to 50K and up. Any suggestions.

Thanks.
Hard to say from a distance and without knowing the track or your set-up in general. As a general starting point for smooth, high-grip Astro I'd say 550 shock oil/RP black or Yatabe red in the front, 350/RP orange or Yatabe green in the rear, shocks on the rear inside/inside and no droop limiters inside, upper rear links on the inside as low as possible and in the innermost hole. Diff with 4 gears and 7000 or 2 at 15K should be ok. Make sure that your suspension is free and that your shooks are smooth, check your shock shafts and seals.