R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Entry level/ Budget friendly EP Touring Car
Old 03-13-2019, 04:17 PM
Billy Kelly
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nerobro
Out of the box, from the factory, my TC4 was assembled wrong. I didn't know for more than a month. What are the chances you'd pick up someones hastily re-assembled car, that has the suspension bushing in some wacky position. Or someone who's got their setup dependent on T4 arms installed on their ~whatever~ chassis and you don't have those notes. You've built enough cars to be able to identify "something wrong" off the bat.

It's very rare that I've bought a used thing, that didn't have "something" needed.

Also, you're in no rush for a particular chassis. Both you and I happily wait weeks for cars. If someone wants to go racing, getting the car "now" is somewhat important. Having to scrounge the used market, for a specific chassis isn't how I want to introduce someone to touring cars.

It's like... Ghost 18, versus Sakura XI, or Express options. You don't give a new builder the Ghost 18. :-) I wouldn't give a new driver, a used car that I didn't vet personally.
I followed the Ghost18 thread long enuff to know that car had issues. That one I would suggest anyone to read that thread first.

You’d be suprised by things I miss. I still know little about actually setting up a touring car. The ones I’ve built my goal is for it to drive straight. I’ll figure out how to drive it. Most of my used have come so we’ll set up, I could really only make them worse. With a used I usually just check wheel nuts, pinion screw/gear mesh, and go run. So far it’s worked.