R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Awesomatix A800/A800R
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 12:49 PM
!Mad Max!
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by phatboislim
i posted on the awesomatix page on FB without much help. but i went to rebuild my dampers, which were fine before i just wanted to put thicker oil back in it and do more testing and tuning. well all but one damper is moving smoothly/uniformly. when i compress the chassis, one corner goes down faster than the other. i took it back apart, tested/felt the bearings and it felt fine. not knowing how the damper works internally i was wondering if there were any other issues i could look at.

i'm about to put in an order for bearings, just hoping to get some insight in case that doesnt solve it.
It would be easier to help you if you offer us more info which exact damper you speak about, and if you use P45L / AT78+OR152S / P45R.
As i guess now, you may use D2.2 with P45R rubber balls and i would suspect you may have to much pressure in one of your dampers.
I recommend you to watch following video and check the steps of building.

If the bearings are fine as you say, it's not an issue.
Also make sure to not clamp the dampers to much into AM17XL/R. Otherwise you can deform the case of dampers and this result in hard/stiff moving dampers also.