R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Setup/Alignment Help
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2005, 06:11 AM
DORIFT
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Cole Trickle
I also have a fast servo... never used expo... I mean why get a fast servo, and then downgrade it? It can be usefull in the beginning with a fast servo, but over time, you should speed it up...

Anyway, it's about the balance between front and rear grip. The end of the car which have most grip, will be the one with more control. Try either loosen the rear or increase grip in the front....

A good thumb of rule, is to have quite even setup front versus rear, that is, same tires/inserts front/rear, (almost) same springs/shock oil front rear etc. If you already have this, it might be a matter of castor.

It's important to indentify, HOW your car understeer... is it during turn in, mid corner or turn out? Oh, and by the way, have you checked your steering for binding?
Thanks for the input Cole Trickle, most helpful. So far, i have what you described above, same tires/inserts, same spring/oil etc. The problem with the car is I want to make the car "hook" more, I want it to be sharper through the corners as its a bit sluggish at the moment. The understeer occurs during the turn-in at the start of the corner, thus makes cornering sluggish. I have been playing with different castors as well, so far I prefer the standard setup of the 4 degree castor as I found the 2 degree castor makes the car even harder to drive. Maybe need to play around with the roll centre/camber links too?

Adamkerrnz> Hi, I remember you Where did you get the setup system from? I have been trying to locate one with no luck..