R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC weight reduction and lap times
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 01:55 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnzhou2476
I agree with everything that's said...that it's not just about lightening the car but lightening the car strategically. I'm running on high traction black crc carpet. I'm just curious what others have experienced in terms of lap time when they've strategically lighten their car. My hypothesis is that if I can get my USGT car right at legal weight limit, I’ll be able to shave 2-3 tenth per lap. The current USGT record on my track is 11.8 sec/lap. My personal best is 12.4. We run CanAm motors and fixed FDR so everything is apples to apples.
hey
if you are 98% consistency which is pretty good start. .you have to remember 98% doesn't mean you are fast.( Just less mistake ) .. gaining .6 sec faster on the big track it isn't easy ...some racer are faster in and out the corner than others .. long straight speed.. you need good lipo , perfect gearing and motor timing for the track.. I would have the person track record holder drive your car and I am sure he can point you the right direction ....
even if you are at min. weight ,you still need to find perfect setup the way you like to drive fast and easy on the track layout.
good luck

Last edited by OVA; 02-26-2019 at 02:06 PM.