R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xpress Execute XQ1S Sport Clubracer
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 04:19 PM
s14_tat
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DarthBacon101
Well, this weekend's racing didn't go so well, I tried running two classes for once, plus the fast cars continue to get faster and I'm just......slow... fast laps are just under 10 seconds, and i'm a steady 13.5 when I'm not making mistakes. I want to race, but i'm forced to move out of the way for all the other cars. My transponder (rental) came unplugged in the last race and I just gave up at that point

Car is "stiff" to turning, some droop and ride height settings helped it, but one of the other guys felt like my steering was binding and that it felt like it was in my servo. I've got some more adjustments to make i reckon, plus I need more non race practice, the changes I made before this race was Xray 2.5 springs front and rear, FF blocks in rear, and the sway bar set with mid thick bar in back and thin bar in front. I hear a bit of chatter in the front when cornering too.

One question on chassis material. I'm on the stock frp plates...am I wasting my time trying to tune the car on the frp in such a high grip condition to try and compete with xray's and awesomatix's with their carbon upper decks and aluminum chassis?

I love the car, it's still so planted and stable, I just need more practice...and I don't think I need to try running 2 different classes again for a little while..(especially when those two classes are really all that's running)
You should have one of the fast guys drive your car. This way you can how much is driver how much is car and they can give honest feedback. This car has a ton of steering, refusing to change direction is not a trait I would use to describe this car. Are you sure your toe is set to 0 and is not toed in?