R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Duratrax with Torq 12 engine
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 04:52 AM
jjp735i
Tech Rookie

Default Duratrax with Torq 12 engine

Hello,
I have a old Duratrax Maximum ST with Torg 12 engine that was given to me. Of course I don't want to sink a bunch of money into it, but i have cleaned it up and tore down the engine and cleaned the carb. I didn't want to play with the LSN yet before i asked. When I crank the engine I can get fuel to the carb by holding a finger over the muffler. From what I read, good sign, Right? I have the factory setting for the HSN, but nothing for the low. I think it's getting way to much fuel, it will sputter here and there like it wants to fire, but just won't kick over. I think it's getting way to much fuel, because after a several attempts the fuel starts spitting out muffler.

I've tried leaning out the HSN and still the same, fuel starts spitting out muffler.

I know a little bit about nitro engines from flying nitro Heli. It's never giving me any problems starting like this and it sits all winter.

Lastly, the glow plug and igniter is new. The engine has been sitting for 6 years. Piston and sleeve look good. Do have compression. Should I try and heat up the engine with a heat gun? I heard that helps. It is a bit cold in my basement.

Thank you, jjp