R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RCHourglass DIY Lap Timing (AKA Cano revised)
Old 02-20-2019, 06:51 AM
mv4wd
Tech Regular

Hi, the transponder capture from RF signal is done in hardware. Original Cano decoder uses logic gates, RCHourglass uses configurable FPGA-like hardware designed in verilog inside the PSOC. There's no way this part can be translated in 'software code' that can run in antoher platform. I'm afraid timing contraints are too much tight to be done software only (but I might be wrong...). RCHourglass decoder can be used with a hardware serial port beside the USB CDC serial port. This is exactly intended to connect with another micro/RPi etc. You can then choose to use one of the 'high level' protocols (AmbRC/Cano etc) and get only the TX passage number and timestamp. Our you can activate 'Monitor mode' to read every RF packet received if you want to do more processing.
RC4 pure and hybrid are read. RC pure require to 'learn' the transponder, the decoder can keep memory for 40 transponders. Some users have reported low read success with hybrids, but I don't have full time access to a hybrid to do deeper tests. Learning the hybrids should increase detection sensitivity. Still investigating this issue...