Thread: TLR 8ight X-E
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 09:20 PM
Panther6834
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dougo96
I could get you a rough estimate if youd like
Thanks, but no longer necessary, now that I know the parts are already anodized. The only reason I might consider it would be (as you've doing) if I wanted the color changed.

On a vehicle-related note, I could really use some assistance in determining the best ESC & motor for my 8ight-XE. I have three other vehicles, all of which are running, or will be running, Tekin RX8 Gen3 ESCs & Pro4 Gen3 motors. However, while all three are for track use, none of them are race-only vehicles...the 8ight-XE will be intended as a true race vehicle. I expect to use the same model servo (Hitec HSB-9360TH) as I use on the other three, and, as for the Rx, it will be a Futaba R334SBS (in non-SR mode).

As for the track, it's a medium-sized dirt/clay track (approx 30' x 70'), with approximately an equal amount of straightaways & turns, and equal amount of tight & wide turns. In other words, it's "well-balanced". Unfortunately, quite a few of the regulars aren't exactly "friendly", thus, turning to them isn't exactly a realistic option, which is why I'm asking here.

I like the idea of sticking with Tekin...but, at the same time, I wouldn't mind switching (for this one vehicle) to something else. The question is, what ESC & motor (again, the same brand, or different brands) will best suit the vehicle's needs? Should I stick with Tekin for ESC & motor? Should i go with Castle, or Hobbywing, or maybe something else? Should I get an ESC of one brand, and a motor of a different brand? And, most importantly, what specific models for each (as well as the kV or T of any suggested/recommended motors)? Assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.