R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB2 2WD Buggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 12:52 PM
E-Mann
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WideOpenThrottle RC
Guess I'm looking for a little clarification here, Wiki post says he measured the same offset between AE wheels and Xray wheels on the rear but then he references spacers, looks like the front's require -.75 regardless so are the rear +3.75's required or not?
The front is straight forward. It is about 1.5 wider than a B6.1. Therefore to match the B6 you would want -.75 hexes. However, on high grip carpet I have found I prefer B6 front wheels with the stock 0 hexes. In theory you should have less steering with the front wider but I found just the opposite. So make sure you try the 0 hexes before spending the money on -.75.

The rear gets complicated very quick. On a 2018 carpet with the stock +4.5 hexes if you run B6 wheels it ends up 2-3mm too narrow vs running xray wheels. Personally I liked this setup and never felt the need for extra spacers - before going to the new hubs.

With the launch of the carpet upgrade kit (for 2018c) the rear hubs have an adjustment that can increase track width. This also applies to the 19c kit. When I measured my 18 with this setup (hubs out as per 19c manual) or the 19c the rear was 2-3mm wider. I still ran B6 wheels and also liked this setup vs xray wheels. The only exception was if the track was not very tight with high speed corners the xray wheels added some stability.

Then we get to the 19 dirt car. This uses the xb4 arms and 3 slot +2.25 hexes. The overall width ends up being 2-3mm narrower than the stock 19 carpet version. I don't run on dirt but know narrower rear usually helps with traction.

Bottom line is try it and compare with your tires and track layout. Things I thought would be worse were often better than I expected.