R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 GP 200mm Touring Bodyshell Feedback/Review/Comparison
Old 02-11-2019, 07:08 AM
Tpg racer
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by thilo-alexander
Most popular bodies at the moment:

Protoform P47 - very stable with lots of steering in fast corners, most popular body worldwide, for a reason.
Xtreme Aerodynamic Hammer - seems to be a little bit easier to drive than P47 but P47 doing a little bit faster laptimes
Xtreme Aerodynamic Avenge - massive rear grip, very stable but understeering. Pretty good for super-high traction.

SRC Spark - unstable but very fast on straights, a lot of mid-corner rotation
Brilliant RC TCX - same as SRC Spark since its basicly the same body as SRC Spark
Protoform SRS - massive steering but a lack of rear traction.

That last three have been the body of choice for years but since the first three were released the majority races seemed to be more comfortable with this.

Note: this is only my personal opinion and others may have different experierence when comparing bodies.

Greetings

Thilo
Hi Thilo,

Thank you very much for your feedback. From your review/comparison sounds like the Xtreme Aerodynamic's R10 Avenge might be a good body option to try for a newcomer like me.

Easy to drive and stable for a newcomer is never a bad thing. It might just end up giving me and my friend more confidence to push the car as we learn to get up to speed.

With that being said, at the moment i don't have much to complain about the Protoform P47 body too. It felt abit lively but i was able to hang with it by dialling in a bit more rear toe-in.

I will order the Xtreme Aerodynamics R10 Avenge and give it a try to see if it helps calm the car down a little more.

Thanks again for your wonderful feedback. Information like these helps very much to get up to speed.

Cheers!
Kraisorn