R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS
Thread: Team Losi JRXS
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2005, 02:09 PM
Darkseid
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I haven't had time to catch up on whats been happening here, but just breezing by the last couple post, it doesn't look exactly like happy hour.

I just hope people aren't blaming Losi for the 3700 issue, cause even with all I went through, I don't.

EVERYONE here knows I haven't been the biggest fan of how Losi has handled this car release, but even I don't blame them for this.

Like I said before, the 3700 cells are HUGE, and accomidating them will take work.

My problem was with the fact that I was being told by company people that what I did wasn't neccesary, while they're admitting they haven't tried it. Thats just doesn't make sense and frankly its rude. That was what my beef was...

But the battery issue itself really isn't all them. Like futureal said, you can only make a car fit one type of cell perfectly. After that, all the other cells will have to be "fitted".

Anyway...tried the car today and heres a couple quick impressions me and my buddy got...

-Wheres the part number to those sway bars! Lot of roll with the kit set up, seems like it will be really good with the sway bars installed.

-Very nice acceleration

-An...'hey this car doesn't have a servo saver!' I couldn't believe that I never noticed it before. First my servo arm slipped on the slines, then later I broke the most unusual part...a bellcrank arm (the short one) so I have some ordering to do.

Overall, it was a pretty nice drive. The conditions weren't exactly suited to a proper evaluation(a little cold) so traction was so...so... I'm going to give it another run in 'hopefully' warmer conditions once my replacement part gets here.

So until I can give it a proper and fair test, I'm reserving judgement.

-Darkseid