R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xpress Execute XM1S, Sport 4WD M-Chassis
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 11:15 AM
Mini35
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sakadachi
Sounds good, gigaplex! Ended up buying the Sport model too for spares along with the other competition parts a la carte. Not cheap, but still like $100 cheaper than getting another Competition kit. I'm glad I got this part over with. Now I don't have to worry about running out of parts, at least the parts I can't fabricate on my own. I'll start on the chassis in a couple of months. I'm just not into it right now, plus I still need to get the electronics.. I expect to have the car up and running by summer maybe.

BTW, do you know if I can run the diff in the front too (run diffs front and rear). My basement track is small so I'm not sure a spool is going to work very well.

Thanks again guys for letting me know about this kit. I just love double deck CF and the quality is definitely there. I loved my RoadRunner from back in the day, I'm sure I'll love this kit too.
Yes, a diff fits straight in (XP-10022) but you need another pair of the c-blades to go on the front driveshafts. It does make the car hugely easier to drive on a small tight track. Mine was undrivable with the spool, just kept spinning out all the time. Now with some 100k oil up front it's nearly right. I'm going to try some 200k to fine tune it.