R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - JConcepts Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 06:04 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ostach24
Can anyone give a reason as to why not too many of the top guys run the p2 body? What is different as far as handling characteristics compared to the f2 or s2?

Also why did the yokomo guys switch back to the s1 body for the yz4? Does it give more rear end grip do to the panels in the back that swoop up?
On a track with many 180s, you need a very agile car. Whereas the S2 gives your car a very reactive feel (carpet). the P2 excels on flowing high-speed tracks or when the grip is low. The F2 is a great all-rounder, and I am sure the new P2K (#0389 for B6.1) will be similar, but with increased stability on the straights and over the jumps.
Maybe we can get something similar for stadium trucks? The stadium truck F2 is great on tight tracks, but I preferred the feel of another manufacturer on my YZ-2T outsides on astroturf. I'd be happy to buy another JConcepts body for my truck, but if there is nothing on the horizon late in March/early in April, I won't be able to hold my breath any longer.
By the way, great job Paul and the guys, you nailed the looks with the P2K! Please convince HB Racing to make it the D219 kit body and I'll take two of them.

p.s.: Sorry I cannot comment on the S1, but the original Silencer bodies had neutral handling characteristics and in my book relatively little downforce and drag.