R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Spektrum DX5 Pro
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 09:17 AM
nikos2002
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vanka472
Hey Nick! I just picked the 5 Pro and am loving how it feels in the hand. Too much snow to actually go out and use it.....none the less it's great.

Quick question- Just picked up an SR210 and I know its advertised as being waterproof -- water resistant. I like the idea of picking up an Sr215 more since it doesn't use bind plugs. Do we still see all the "sport" qualities in this new receiver? Big thing being waterproof and or related since it will be going in a boat once spring comes.

There is enough snow on the ground, maybe I can just toss the boat in my front yard and hope it goes.....

Cheers,
Ebenezer
We didn't do anything on the newer sport receivers to "water proof or resistance" them. If you know you are going to be running or using them in a wet situation. Its much better to go through steps like these from Axial - Axial Racing - Waterproof Your Receiver

This process is even better than anything that was done on the older receiver, short of using a pure marine receiver. Even then, this process would help to give you a little extra piece of mind.