R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya Championship Series
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 01:33 PM
Nerobro
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
If a cheater is suspected, sack up and call him out.
Race directors sometimes don't want to stir stuff up and piss anyone off, can't blame em since racers pay the bills.
Tamiya however has the staff sometimes to try and help catch the sneaky bastards or to allow stuff so keep your ears and eyes open and take advantage of the legal stuff.
And become a pariah? Yeah, you can eat that suggestion. These are "open" behaviors i'm talking about. Are they legal? Are they just not paying attention? Do they not care? What's the TCS rule on it?

Race directors are the people (well, the techs..) should be the ones calling people out. For the "we want things fair" thing, that encourages other racers to be fair, too. If a racer calls out other racers, they're whiney, or someone you don't want around. And or invite the ire of others, which makes them not return.

Why is there a minimum weight for the euro trucks? That seems to be nonsense, without using cheater parts or grinding at the chassis you can't get the weight down. However, there's talk of "excessive" weight, why not have a maximum weight instead. That would address the weight issue in question.

Originally Posted by f1larry

build per instructions
That's what's said... But never defined. At one time it was legal to flip your shocks, or use alternative shock mounting holes. Is that the case now? If you want to take this to the ultimate extension, glueing the tires isn't in the manual. Boom class is dead on black carpet.

Originally Posted by Scionara05
its called be good at what u do and dont show your hand lol
This attitude is why it's hard to get new people into the sport. It took me two years to find out all the "secrets" to building kits. That... is at best donkey like, at worst gatekeeping. And it's a great way to ensure YOU won't have fun in the future.

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm not complaining here, just figuring out what the rules are. As they are not clearly defined, or in the case that they are clearly defined, are not clearly enforced. It should be fixed, one way, or the other. (and since this is the TCS thread, I believe this is the right place for it..)

Last edited by Nerobro; 02-03-2019 at 02:10 PM.