R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - A CRY FOR HELP (RC tracks Closing)
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 10:48 AM
Billy Kelly
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
I see schools rent out their gyms all the time to outside organizations. My daughter does cheerleading. They rent a gym weekly and cheer is more dangerous than RC . Outdoor tracks in a field, often involve someone into RC building a track on their own land. Then the club members help build and maintain the track. All I am saying is, when your costs out weight your profits, you close. How do you fix that? Lower your costs....You will never stop people from shopping online. The only thing you can control is your own cost structure.
I’m sure there are some that will. I know of one group that does. Like most thing it varies from town to town or state to state. My old high school used to rent it field house out for sports clubs, but after massive and expensive renovations no longer does.

As for the outdoor tracks. It a matter of finding someone that has the land, and willingness. The weather has to be considered. Then things get complicated if you open to public or keep it as private. Once open to public all kinds of regulations kick in.

I’ve been looking for couple years. All far outside my price range. Already found housewith pole barn big enuff to hold a big track. Or two mid sized. Just e