R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR SCTE 3.0 Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 05:50 AM
djgrom
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just finished painting up a new body for my truck. I was going to use it as the practice body, but I think I might actually like it enough that I want to make it the paint scheme for all of my 2019 cars. I normally road race so this will be the start of my second year doing off road. I have one question for you guys though, with this particular body how many vents do you open up typically, or is there a good rule of thumb for a starting amount to open? We have two local off road tracks one is nice and big and wide open with huge jumps and the other is small and very technical. Both are really popular. Should I maybe use my main body (purpe/pink in background) for one track, and this for another one? I kind like this body too much though and am going to hate when I scuff it up for the first time.

Obligatory Side Shot

The otherside

I really like the colors, and the single use of copper only on the aero pieces I think makes it pop. If anyone can tell me where I can find blue anodized screws that are not TA please let me know.

So this is really my main question. Last year when I started racing I raced a TLR 2wd buggy, the 4wd associated buggy and then the stock body for the SCTE3. None of those really had a bunch of holes I could cut into the body. This body though from proline has a ton. So if anyone has advice on where to start to improve airflow please let me know I am all ears.

Dat butt.

I think it is really important to post up my copilot as she pretty much goes everywhere I do. She can't go to races though because she is a hunter, and cars count as food. We actually have a group of people at the dog park now who either bring other RC cars or "root beer" and we use the cars as a way to get all the hounds running and worn out. They have a ton of fun and I think you can find one of our videos on youtube. The park is also huge about the size of a football field fenced in. FUN.