R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - A CRY FOR HELP (RC tracks Closing)
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 09:11 PM
Mickey_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

One other thing I have witnessed first hand is alot of racers at the rc tracks are not friendly and don’t want to be bothered with talking to new people that are interested in the hobby. They hide in trailers or air conditioned canopy’s and pretty much ignore everyone until it’s there turn to race. Add in the fact that you often see grown adults acting like babies on the driver stand when things don’t go thier way or they break down and you start really understand why the hobby is not growing. I even would run into trouble with trying to find people to help me pit. I remember one occasion at a club race mind you, I took my car down to pit lane and asked the guy next to me if he would throw my car on the track and refuel later. Dude straight up said, no I am only pitting for my son, who evidently was going to be the next Ty Tessman after being the C main. I was like okay well can you just throw it on the track once I go up. Made some eye contact and just ignored me. For that race I literally put my car on the track started the race and midway ran down the drivers stand refueled my own buggy and ran back up. There was also like 6 other drivers with people pitting for them. They were all completely oblivious to me and the fact that was I having to race and pit for myself. Which after that I seriously wanted to sell my stuff and quit from people being straight up dickheads. This was also my 4th time at the track, so I had seen and met a lot of people.

The other fun topic is marshelling and how none of the fast guys/regulars want to do it or they disappear when it’s there turn. What’s funny is if your really pay attention to them they will try to get out of it by pitting for someone, just not me haha. So yeah new racers show up and they get stuck marshing more because the fast\regulars all hook each other up.

As for the money side of things, it’s a hobby and most people will order online if it’s cheaper even at the expense of not supporting the track hobby shop or in some cases they are sponsored so they Make the excuse that they must buy online. Speaking of this I am always amazed at how many people at my local track are sponsored and therefore only buy online.

Anyway if read that far congrads, that’s just the tip of the iceberg all the other comments I read in hear are dead in as well.