R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How to Corner Faster?
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 11:12 AM
benstian
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lazyfortress
Hello, I'm running a RC10B6.1 Factory Lite on carpet. I'm using a Reedy S+ 17.5T motor with a HobbyWing XR10 Justock ESC. All of my shocks have 30 WT oil inside them.

I have a result from my last race (first time racing for me):
(I came 6th out of 7, and that was because one guy crashed)
  • I did 14 laps in 5:11.913
  • The dude in 5th did 15 laps in 5:04.437
  • 4th = 17 laps in 5:13.891
  • 3rd = 19 laps, 5:11.344
  • 2nd = 19 laps, 5:01.992
  • 1st = 20 laps, 5:12.333
I noticed that I'm the only Reedy guy, and I pass all the other buggies on the single straight at the track. I get passed fast on the curves, however. I know more practice is an essential element, but I also know my set up is an issue.

Carpet track, medium size, high to very high grip.

One person recommended using 32.5 WT to 35 WT shock oil in my front shocks to corner better. Would 50WT help me more?

Also, would I need a stiffer spring? I'm currently using the stock AE springs that came in my kit (white).

Another thing: Would positive camber help me out? My camber on the front and rear are neutral. My rear is toe-in, though.

Positive camber is /---\ if you look at the buggy from the front, correct? Positive camber gives you more turn in? I think I need more turn in if I'm not mistaken.

I have a 10cm wide custom front wing mounted behind my shock tower on my buggy. I haven't raced with it yet. It's basically a slightly angled, flat piece of leftover lexan.

Any information is appreciated!
If you are 6 laps behind the #1 in a 20 lap race, I dont think I would bother to much with the car setup. Use your time at the track practicing as much as possible as long as your car is pretty decent to drive. Copy a setup for a similar track and practice a lot and have fun or let one of the fastest guys borrow your car and get setup tips from him/her.