R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How to Corner Faster?
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 03:32 AM
HOTROD716
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chuck_thehammer
practice,,, not just finger, sight... time frames.. great sight detail for distance comes from PRACTICE... lots of practice.

I have ONE EYE. born that way.
been racing for years... started with real cars ( drag racing then SCCA )...
then amateur motorcycle racing, ( road racing ) ( Mid Ohio Sports Car Course )...( Nelson Ledges Race Way ) both Ohio.
then RC car racing since 1991 ( Indoor Carpet )1/10 and 1/12 scale Pan Car...
1/4 scale RC, banked oval outdoor on blacktop. that;s a 30 pound welded steel tube car running on gasoline. 10 cars on a 350 foot race line.. ( tight quarters ) 50mph real speed.

you talked about car setup.. but provided no information about your knowledge of Driving.. just that you are NEW at RC...

driving is still the Most needed to improve car performance .. and it take years.. and TON's of practice.. its racing.

Remember to have FUN... trying to Hard is NOT GOOD.

NEVER slam the steering wheel to the stop.. first it can brake off the stop.... and most important... it burns off corner speed... ALOT.
do you drive your real car that way ????????????????????
i do have a question on technique then, on the 180 degree turns, I need to figure a decent way to navigate them. Irregardless of chassis I almost always have to drive them slow, almost stopping(no exactly but it feel like from the drivers stand) I can’t just ease out or into the throttle line I can on the switchbacks.