R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How to Corner Faster?
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 09:35 PM
Kelseyrc
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lazyfortress
I know what a racing line is, but I appreciate the link. I do Assetto Corsa a lot, and I know how important your racing line is. RC racing is a bit different, as it's hard to judge (for me at least) how close the corner is.

I tend to "bump" the throttle, kinda like what one would do in nitro buggy racing. I also "slam the steering wheel to the stop."

I'm running what the manual told me to put on. 29T pinion (48P), and a 72T spur gear. I also can't really drift unless I brake hard. Doesn't drifting make you lose time?

I also remember one guy telling me to adjust my throttle's EPA to like 85% instead of 100% because of my speed. He said it would help with the corners. Is that proper?

-1* camber is good for the front and rear? Never positive camber for the front? How do I adjust camber and toe in? The dude at the shop helped lower my ride height and make camber and toe all neutral. I already have a turnbuckle wrench. What else do I need to adjust?

Also, should I get 40 WT shock oil then (front)? Red springs for the front?

Edit: What would too stiff of a front suspension do on this track?
You should download the hudy guide, here is the link for it.

https://www.hudy.net/xhudy/products/proddwnld.php?prod_id=268&Hudy_Session=22ab36370fa b55b04b98df22e24e50f8

It will give you a lot of setup information and how to adjust everything.