R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How to Corner Faster?
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 08:20 PM
lazyfortress
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by chuck_thehammer
I think First you are OVER geared..... good straight away speed.. but NO torque to maintain any speed in the corners..
your words.. " and I pass all the other buggies on the single straight "

how to you "Turn" the steering wheel" ?? .. smooth and deliberate .. or just slam the steering wheel to the stop:??

then there is the "Racing" LINE.... arc the turn.. not steer the turn..
racing is NOT driving...
racing line... start wide, turn in, clip the apex, drift out of the corner.. maintain speed... turning looses speed...

there is a Whole School on "race" driving.. real cars... RC cars..all the same.

check this link out
https://www.skoda-motorsport.com/en/...rive-like-pro/
I know what a racing line is, but I appreciate the link. I do Assetto Corsa a lot, and I know how important your racing line is. RC racing is a bit different, as it's hard to judge (for me at least) how close the corner is.

I tend to "bump" the throttle, kinda like what one would do in nitro buggy racing. I also "slam the steering wheel to the stop."

I'm running what the manual told me to put on. 29T pinion (48P), and a 72T spur gear. I also can't really drift unless I brake hard. Doesn't drifting make you lose time?

I also remember one guy telling me to adjust my throttle's EPA to like 85% instead of 100% because of my speed. He said it would help with the corners. Is that proper?

-1* camber is good for the front and rear? Never positive camber for the front? How do I adjust camber and toe in? The dude at the shop helped lower my ride height and make camber and toe all neutral. I already have a turnbuckle wrench. What else do I need to adjust?

Also, should I get 40 WT shock oil then (front)? Red springs for the front?

Edit: What would too stiff of a front suspension do on this track?

Last edited by lazyfortress; 01-18-2019 at 09:12 PM.