R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TT02 Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 06:50 PM
f1larry
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Teamrule
Which version to get for TCS novice class on black carpet this year. My local is actually hosting one round of the TCS and I will run novice. I was thinking of base kit and adding parts but the new RR is tempting, but when you add the body, parts you'd probably want to change anyways, not sure. I was thinking the S as well but it's unique suspension has me worried. I am leaning towards the R, I get to the track rarely and more adjustment and set up options the S provides are not always better for a guy like me.

I have raced Euro Truck and usually bring up the rear on black carpet and I also have some experience with TT02 in a parking lot series on Asphalt which I was a mid packer at least.

I have no idea just how "novice" this class will be though come March, original question though, which one? I thought about dusting off the TT02 car I used on the asphalt but it's pretty beat up and a mix up of parts at this point and not sure it would meet strict TCS rules.

Parts wise I have TRF dampers already and a high speed gear set in my tool box.
read the pdf version of the rules it has the recommended hop ups needed. The s version is not allowed in the spec class. The r or rr is a good way to go, getting a base kit with motor, body, and esc is good with getting some of the minimally needed hop-ups