R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 710
Thread: Serpent 710
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2005, 10:39 AM
Sow&Steady
Tech Elite

Default Re: 710 cahssis

Originally posted by ssscamaro
I was replacing what i thought was a bent chassis on my 710. The new chassis is completey flat when checked with machinist straight edge.. whan car is assembled with upper plate the chassis bows from front to back a considerable amount ...i checked old chassis i thought was bent ...it is flat when not on car !! Went as far as putting old chassis back on car ...same situation ...when upper radio plate is fastened down it bends the car . I have no afermarket or serpent upgrades on car. Was curious if others have this problem. or is this what serpent intended ??? Is it supposed to be this way ?? Will the serpent rear x brace in aluminum rectify this ??? It is not the tank or battery causing this ...dose it with only the upper plate being attached ??? Whats everyones thoughts ??? Thanks Ryan
Difficult to say without looking at it but you need to check that every bulkhead has been fitted with the "locators" nicely fitting into every hole on the chassis. I'm assuming that this is not a brand new car so you need to check that none of the carbon braces are damaged.

Go through every part of the car including the upper deck. It should be NOT bowing the chassis as you described.

Last edited by Sow&Steady; 04-23-2005 at 02:39 PM.