R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Advice on clay track tires?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 11:52 PM
smkd13
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jay13
I have been practicing on a track that when prepped the tire of choice is M4 slicks or Primes m4 sauced. My problem is that the track is colder and unprepped during practice(im the only one practicing on Mondays) and it is very easy to lose grip. The surface is still very moist and if you walk on the track you can see your dusty footprints very clearly. Is there a tire that would work for this better than a slick? It seems like traction is ok at times but just a little too much throttle and it spins out, and if you brake too hard it just spins out also. Would inversions, or positrons help in this condition or make it worse? its really hard to get a quality practice in when you cant string many full laps together without sliding out. Suggestions welcome. Im running a B6.1D 17.5 and a T5m 13.5 Even tried a B5 rear motor 7.5and it was probably the best oddly enough.
i had this issue recently and my fix was not so that not hearing down. I went up 3 teeth on the spur and now I am sticking. Just a thought