R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB8
Thread: Xray XB8
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 03:39 PM
BenPetz
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by dgrobe2112
let me know what questions yall have.. i will answer as best i can.. also.. got some idea i am going to work on for the C-hub.. few people have mentioned possibly the chance of the set screw coming loose on the upper arm.. i got a couple ideas a few guys working on.. and i got another idea.
Yes, first time as I have seen the set screw for the upper arm in the c hub configuration I thought also this could be a really weak point because a lot of forces can come there at jumping etc. I could imagine xray will bring an option part for this area in the future. What I would do in the meantime: replace the setscrew with a real tiny longer headscrew and use good loctite or too secure it more: use more then one set ring&screw on each side per arm.

Other questions I have: 1. is it worth to upgrade to the longer shock shafts? 2. I have seen almost all pro‘s are running the universal shafts in the center drivetrain of the car but cvds front and rear. I guess the universals are for a more free drivetrain. Is this really noticeable instead of using the cvds in the center drivetrain?

Thx in advance

Ben