R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 02:42 PM
Conrad
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by REIGNMAN_SCT
Just picked up an Intech ER12 2.0 Lite (people referred to the V1 as the DEX210 clone) however the 2.0 is more like the exotek chassis (the honeycomb intech chassis is beautiful).

I noticed that it came with DEX rear arms, but the rear carrier hub and rear axle is shorter and the rear drive shaft is 73mm - way longer than the stock DEX axles.

The whole front end seemed to be DEX210 parts, arms, towers, links, etc.

The Intech Gearbox is also slightly wider it seems and the hangars on the intech buggy space the arms much wider than the DEX.

There is a USA dealer for Intech so parts should be readily available.

The 2.0 does come with 12mm hexes all around unlike the original ER-12. The toe/castor inserts for the hubs are a different shape as well compared to the 210. Most of the plastic parts are similar enough to be usable in a pinch or swapping them out all together. The steering bellcrank and mount is completely different and is mounted flat to the chassis.

It is possible to fit the PR laydown gearbox to the Intech but there is more more involved than fitting it to the 210, mainly due to the wider mounting holes for the gearbox in the chassis.

I've used the ER-12 2.0 laydown for a while now and the only thing I can really fault is the front end alignment. Four long CS screws pass through the hinge pin block and in to the front bulkhead. Despite the CS heads it is very easy for the front end to move and end up with a big difference in wheelbase from side to side.