R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Roche Rapide P12 Evo 1/12th Competition Kit
Old 01-03-2019, 09:09 PM
Slapmaster6000
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AngryRog
O-rings on axle?
Lets just say there are a few things that "I" do. The o-ring is a new test for blowing out bearings on Click-Trac. The Roche o-rings are fairly rigid, lay an axle shim against and it makes for a nice bearing cushion. Will it save me from clipping a corner at warp 9 to the outside wall and DNF'ing a round/main??? It's worth a try. But if your'e pro-level, you don't need the o-ring. I'm building a car for 3.5 mod on snug Click-Trac next week. But if you'd like to try this, you do need to sand some of the spool side shim and the clamp hub to get 172...not harmful stuff.

As for grounding, an ounce of prevention cost far less then a DNF and a speed control. Static discharge seems to be more a "new carpet" issue. Give any of the new black tracks a couple of months to relax and discharge and it becomes a non-issue. But why risk it? The guys up north rub a rag sprayed with Static Guard on the bottom of the chassis occasionally. Some of the newer esc's are building in protection.