R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Style Clutch for 1/8 GT
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2018, 02:44 PM
blis
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dan_vector
Actually in Europe (EFRA) and UK (BRCA) rules there is a specific restriction to 'Only buggy based 2,3,4 shoe clutch. Radial type clutches are not allowed' and so to keep within the spirit of the rules I'd say that this particular style of clutch would be illegal at the European GP or IR. There isn't any buggy out there that comes with the style of clutch in my OP so it is not within the spirit of the current rules.

However people are using it and getting away with it and it does seem to be a significant step forwards and so I need to get one in order to keep up. It's the nature of the beast I guess pushing the limits of the rules will always happen and until it is expressly used as an an example of what is not permitted people will continue to use it. Besides the clutch is never checked during tech inspection anyway
Losi (or perhaps werks, not sure ) made them years ago, I have one. They are half way between a conventional 3 shoe and a centax. There's very little in it and it's not a PUSH clutch like a centax. It radiates outward on a ramp.