R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MBX8 Eco
Thread: Mugen MBX8 Eco
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 01:35 PM
cHAmpa
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tom Hax
Hi Champa! I just installed the non-trailing front uprights. Went together so much easier this time following the suggestion in the video. No cross-threading problem at all. I noticed these uprights have little grub screw holes like the rear ones. Not completely sure of the purpose but I did put little 3x3 grub screws in to keep dirt out of the bearings.
Several theories on those holes, personally I drop oil in there every now and then to make sure the bearings don't get stuck on the axle. It doesn't hurt so I figure why not?

Originally Posted by Tom Hax
Do people here think the lightweight differential pins would make a noticeable difference, possibly with the lighter screws too? I know rotating weight has more affect than static weight. I kind of wish I had assembled mine with the upgraded parts.
I've never run the lightweight diff pins, doubt I could tell the difference to be honest. I do run the +1mm wheel hubs as an upgrade. I've also recently picked up those new -3mm front upright arms Part E2168: E2168 Front Upright Arm (-3): X8/E, X8T/E - Mugen Seiki Racing Highly recommend those as an upgrade, I put those on my Truggy as well.

The new Rear Wing Stay Spacer (+15) Part E2428: E2428 Rear Wing Stay Spacer (+15): X8/E, X8T/E - Mugen Seiki Racing is also a nice pickup. Adam Drake talks about it in his latest video but helps keep the rear locked in if you are still having problems after the break-in period.