R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 12-17-2018, 07:24 PM
Big_Show
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jk racing
Big_Show, what is the wheel base? Using the Trophy Rat/DB10/SC10Pro rear arms (since those are a rear motor SC5M) an option? Looks like those are T6.1 rears.

I've gathered nearly all the components to do this myself, sans making a custom extended (if B5 based) or shortened (if Rat based) chassis. Oh...and time
Axle to axle is right on 11". Rear a arms are T6.1 arms reversed left to right/right to left so the sweep is going backwards. Then I threw them in the mill and milled 4mm off the arms where they meet the D mount. I have a B5 I did this with B6.1 arms also. Moves the wheels back to reduce the pendulum effect.

It is a stock B5 chassis and tranny. Front end is T5M tower and A arms (milled the forward end out 1mm so I could move the caster block more forward), the following 6.1 parts- caster block, 3mm trailing steering arm. On the rear it has the Trophy rat tower. T6.1 arms, aluminium hubs, and axles. Also had to mill the wing tits off and make longer body mount on the wing mount to fit the 6.1 body. It does not fit right at the front tower. I have sat a T4.2 body on it and it looks better suited than the 6.1 Finnisher body. I will run it tomorrow night for the first time on a indoor loose dirt track. I call them the B/T5.1-R. I had the buggy at this track last tuesday and it was hooked up. Buggy has the 6.1 arms done the same as the truck on the rear. I will give a report when I get home around midnight EST. I have had the buggy on clay and can get equal lap times to my B6.1 with 17.5 motors.