R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Cincinnati area racing
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 05:25 AM
rtebbe
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by burnnitro
seems like no one likes to keep one up and running. this city sucks. I heard the guy running the track in sharonville was a drug addict so that's why it closed. not sure if it's true but I heard it from more than 1 person.
if you like onroad I believe the guys have a indoor and outdoor track out at hamilton co fairgrounds. it's the guys who used to run next door to batavia raceway. but they give me the feeling they don't want new faces. and all these guys never tell anyone or advertise their track. no one knows they exist unless your buddy is one of them.
it's no wonder they all fail. facebook is not advertisement. sorry but it's a dead platform most of us have moved on. it doesn't dawn on any of them to put up flyers or cards at the local hobby stores. this is why I always get the feeling they really dont want new people showing up.
there was a really nice guy that owned a hobby shop down in KY that was gonna open a track but something happened to that too. probably wouldn't have lasted. the people in cincinnati are weirdo's and sit in the house 24/7.
I do not believe the guy that ran the Sharonville track was a drug addict. I knew him well. It just got to be too much for him to maintain. It wasn't his primary job. He made no money. It's tough to dedicate time, energy and your own money to something when the returns are little.

I also do not believe that the folks at Queen City do not want new faces. There have been quite a few new faces this year and we all seem to be having quite a bit of fun doing it. Could they advertise a bit more? Sure. But I've also helped them create a Facebook page that seems to get a decent amount of traffic. Sorry if Facebook is not your platform or if you or others believe it to be passe. But it has served us well thus far.

It has been tough to keep tracks open in the Cincinnati area, I agree wholeheartedly. But opening, running and maintaining a track typically is a money losing effort. There are a lot of things that need to line up just right in order to make it work and to make a little bit of money. In the long run, it's just not worth it. Sad, but true.

This weirdo will be at Queen City on Sunday, racing at and supporting the local track.

Last edited by rtebbe; 12-13-2018 at 08:20 AM. Reason: spelling