R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho news????
Thread: Kyosho news????
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2018, 09:22 AM
JQ
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
The Kyosho magic is down to the roll distribution being set naturally to the front, one has to be extreme in the setup to dial more rearward roll distribution because the front wheel side driveshafts are angled in relation to the lower arm, which according to my calculations add around 0.3mm of sway bar. The rear end isn't angled so the roll stiffness is down to springs+sway bar. As always, the stiffest end is the first one to lose traction.

The rest of the setup depends on this fine balance, any attempt to make the driveshafts more straight is met with a balance change as I found out. Still, the mp9 is in the sweet spot setup wise and with a change in the stock setup by using the tki3 B plate and arms, the +2mm upper arm holder, H-S shock tower, the 2.5mm front sway bar and different pistons front and rear the mp9 is ready to tackle 10 more years.

So "need" is about the mp9 being too safe to drive, it can be more aggressive/faster with the changes I wrote above but for sure it still fast stock as Tebo showed at the Worlds.
I disagree with both your points. The magic isn't the roll axis, as other cars have similar setups but lack the magic. Also if Tebo's car was naturally faster he would have been battling Ongaro and Maifield and not Stringer.