R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New to the RC world. Looking for advice
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 07:09 AM
53ChevyLS
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by SuperFastSnail
Let me throw in another suggestion. Besides Arrma and Traxxas I would also recommend the Losi Tenacity Monster Truck AVC. For $250 you get 4wd Brushless 4 pole system with AVC. Neither Traxxas nor Arrma has anything close to that price range with that performance. Plus, these are supported by your local hobby shops. If they don't support this car, then that's a darn shame. Order through Tower and you get free shipping with no tax. But sometimes supporting your local hobby shop is okay for certain things, until they hire newbies who don't have a clue or they give you the run around.
Yes, I saw that. From the reviews I read on it, it seems to have overheating issues and poor shock design. However, I was wondering though, if at the 250 price point it would be worth buying it and fixing those two issues. Being new to this, I'm not sure what exactly would be needed to fix it if those truly are issues. I have found three hobby shops near me that are horizonhobby dealers but they all favor Traxxas. One does sell this Losi truck though. I may try to visit them tomorrow.