R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin Hotwire 3.0 Bluetooth Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 09:51 PM
Randy_Pike
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roken
It seems that Active Brake is a slider bar with values but no Off in the PC program. But on the iPhone app its actually an on/off toggle button. I recently upgraded all my esc's and set the parameters with the PC. With Active Brake set to Zero. After four missable qualifying rounds with my 4wd truck nose diving and doing cart wheels every time I tried to coast over a small double I'd thought I better check and make sure I don't have any drag brake. So then on my phone I saw the toggle to just turn active brake off. I did that and my problems went away. I looked like I new what I was doing again. Maybe I missed something but you might want to double check active brake with bluetooth.
It sounds like you have two settings confused:

Active Drag Brake vs Active Brake

Active Drag Brake applies your drag brake setting/value in proportion to your release of the throttle; if you lift 10% it gives you 10% drag brake value.

Active Brake is a brake "multiplier" if you will. At 0 nothing is added, at 1 if you "stab" or panic brake additional brake force is provided. If you roll into the brakes, this is negated.