R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - JConcepts Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 06:41 AM
Ostach24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

Yeah slicks seem to be the ticket at this track.

I was just wondering why not use a clay on a clay track, why use a super soft and when would it be best to use the mega soft.
I have read all of the stuff I can find as far as tire charts and what people have been talking about on here, but I don't understand why not use a mega soft. I see it is meant for the colder conditions and best for slippery wet conditions. This seems to fit as far as temp being between 50-60 so track temp would be colder than the room temperature
Do people not use black because the tire wears out quickly? Something along the lines of how a 1/8 super soft tire would on a hot summer day? You have crazy grip with it, but you'll burn through a set every heat...?
Also can I assume that the clay is a soft compound from how the charts are laid out? Green is softer than clay and mega soft softer yet?
I have also seen on this thread that a couple years back people were asking for an octagon in black because they were tired of grinding down tires and that the green compound took a while to break in compared to black.