R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Standard TC vs Gizmo vs Awesomatix
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 07:16 AM
Lonestar
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
it was fun watching the tilt test
I believe the Awesomatix new long arms really help to drive easy and more stable and more corner speed...Amx known as low cg chassis the very day first day
having a TC with no cg it will be hard for car to create more mechanical roll grip....don't forget RC as well is a big part too
standard shock TC Is much easily to fine tune to the track condition....you not going to get one TC is 100% perfect for all track condition ,,
Can an engineer (not a keyboard engineer, but a proper engineer) please explain once and for all why a higher CG would yield mechanical grip? Or am I misunderstanding the above?

Because pretty much all 1:1 scale suspension setup theory says more weight transfer means more skidding on that axle...

I know it's a sacred cow in RC that more roll = more grip, I've heard this for 20+ years now... someone please point me to a physics book or some kind of web resource where this is modeled/described for RC cars. I can call out a couple of very serious car engineering books that say the opposite

I have nothing about the awesomatix, mind you. I just finished building my T4 '19 yesterday for its first race tomorrow, not because I am a fanboi, but because I'm a casual racer really, and I'd happily trade an hypothetical tenth per lap for reliability and part support

Cheers all,

Paul

Last edited by Lonestar; 11-30-2018 at 07:30 AM.