R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Associated Reflex 14B/14T
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 11:40 AM
johnnyshore
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)

Picked up my Reflex last Friday, threw in a Futaba receiver and 2000mah Lectron pack, and hit the track with it on Saturday. Fun little truck, minus the very hard tires. After swapping out the stock shock oils for 20w front/10w rear, and several applications of Liquid Wrench on the tires to soften them up a bit, things were much better.

The tires were still not great even after the LW applications, but it was managing to get around the Tox Box track in New Richmond, WI fairly well. The diffs come with just a coating of grease in them, so it was diff'ing out bad to the front...tore the truck apart on Sunday, and installed 10k/10k/4k in the diffs, which should help as well.

The esc has a significant ramp up to the throttle, and doesn't seem to be adjustable at all. I have a Hobbywing 16BL30 esc on the way, which I hope will eliminate the laggy throttle.

Amazon Amazon

I also have some LS Racing truggy wheels coming, which should have the appropriate offset (10th buggy rears do not have enough offset to work properly), and will let me use 10th buggy tires for better grip.

LC Racing 1/14 Truggy Rim Pair of 2 White

Hopefully it wasn't a mistake to buy the Reflex over the LC truggy or Mini-8...I guess I'll find out soon enough.